About Fire Extinguisher
Not each fire is the same, so how would the extinguisher be the same? i.e. A water-type fire extinguisher cannot be used for an electrical fire. Fire Extinguishers simply isolate oxygen from, fuel and ignition to break the fire triangle resulting in the blaze ceasing immediately. However, only use it in case of small fires. These might not be useful for large fires.
Yes. There are five types of fires. These are:
- The Ash / A fire type is where common materials like wood, cloth, paper, etc leave ash behind as a residue.
- Barrel / B fire types are highly flammable liquids like paints, petrol, gasoline, etc that cause a fire. These liquids should be always stored in a barrel,
- Current / C fire type is where electrical circuits malfunctioning cause a current massive fire.
- Dynamite / D fire is when combustible metals or mixture used by industries cause fire,
- Kitchen / K fire is when kitchen cooking oils can cause a fire.
One can best, operate a Fire Extinguishers, by using the PASS principle:
- P: PULL the pin from the handle.
- A: AIM the nozzle at the base of the fire.
- S: SQUEEZE the handle, and don’t let go.
- S: SWEEP the nozzle from side to side.
There are many, but the right one would be dependent on which one suits best.
- Water Type – These extinguisher types release water under pressure and can be used against Type A fires.
- Dry Chemical Type – Also called “Multi-purpose Fire Extinguishers” can be used in Type A, B, and C fires. Most popular and commonly used in offices, hospitals or homes, etc.
- Co2 Type / Co2 Extinguishing System – A clean extinguisher used in Type A and B fires as it leaves no residue behind, it is employed in Server rooms or Art Galleries.
- Foam Type - Used in Type A and B fires. The foam floats on the flammable liquid and leaves a residue that needs to be cleaned up.
- Wet Chemical Type - They work by forming a mist over the fire and are generally seen in professional kitchens.
Get an Annual Maintenance Contract or AMC checks the extinguisher every month. Fire Extinguisher Suppliers in India, typically offer a warranty period of up to one year.
A Water Spray System is used to regulate the rapid spread of fire in a short period. They are an essential requirement in places like transformers, LPG bullets, and combustible fuels. Here are some frequently asked questions.know More
Foam Firefighting System is a special automated fire protection system made for electrical or petroleum-based fires. These fires if dismissed with water could result in its extensive spread. Here are some frequently asked questions.know More
Firefighting Hydrant Systems are the most used in many residential and industrial projects. Being easily distinguished through its “Red” color pipe, these systems can shoot water right up to the 8th floor blazing with fire. Here are some frequently asked questions.know More
Fire Alarm System
Fire Detection System / Fire Alarm System (FAS) is a wake-up alarm that gets activated either in industrial or residential spaces. Here are some frequently asked questions.know More
Gas Suppression System
Fire Protection Gas Suppression System or Automatic Fire Suppression System is relatively a new technology in India. It uses gas to extinguish fire versus the conventional method of using water. This puts out the fire within a minute, automatically. Check out some frequently asked questions.know More